ON Windows, Linux & MacOS
1. Find the existing MAC Address for your WiFi adapter
2. Generate a random MAC Address
3. Assign the new MAC Address
ifconfig en0 | grep ether openssl rand -hex 6 | sed 's/\(..\)/\1:/g; s/.$//' sudo ifconfig en0 ether xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx
We use PowerShell for this.
1. Find the existing MAC Addresses
I haven’t yet figured an easy way to generate a random MAC Address in PowerShell, so you need to have a MAC Address prior to this.
2. Assign the new MAC Address
Get-NetAdapter Set-NetAdapter -Name “WiFi” -MacAddress “de:be:ef:c0:fe”
The term “WiFi” is the name of my WiFi Adapter.
Your computer might have a different name, which you can find when you type Get-NetAdapter command.